[Click] Intel Pro/1000MT - 82545GM Controller

Giorgio Calarco gcalarco at deis.unibo.it
Thu Oct 21 11:02:45 EDT 2004

Hi,

maybe these documents could help
to understand:

http://support.intel.com/support/network/sb/CS-009221.htm
(this is in a very odd position inside the Intel site, despite
it's very useful to compare the various Intel PROs)

Intel ethernet controllers:
http://www.intel.com/design/network/products/ethernet/linecard_ec.htm?iid=ncdcnav2+eth_ctrl&
the "docs" urls in this page seem to be exactly the same
for both the 82545EM/GM controllers... so there shouldn't
be functional variations.

In my opinion your aren't loosing anything... apart that
you save 0.4 Watt of power consumption... ;)

The 82454GM reference page is here:
http://www.intel.com/design/network/products/lan/controllers/82545gm.htm

As usual, having a data sheet or just a block diagram of an Intel controller
is a pure wish...

ciao
giorgio