[Click] Neighbor Discovery in GRID

Bow-Nan Cheng bownan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 16:19:25 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to write a framework for wireless communications (based on
GRID but with several changes) and was wondering if you guys could
help me isolate how GRID does neighbor discovery. I'd been told that
traditionally, neighbor discovery (immediate neighbors that is) for
wireless nodes happens at the MAC layer. Does GRID/Click do this
automatically at the MAC layer? After looking through the code it
seems to me it does it in the proactive routing protocols. If i'm
mistaken, can you guys help point me as to the element which handles
immediate neighbor discovery in GRID/Click ? Thanks!!