[Click] ToDevice + ARP woes

John Austen deymious at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 15:23:47 EST 2004

  I am trying to implement a virtual subnet (eg
192.168.6.X) across two machnies. These two different
machines are actually virtual themselves. I am having
horrific trouble getting ARP to work. Click has no
problems intercepting and responding to ARP packets,
but Linux will not accept the responses, so I can
never send traffic between the virtual machines. It
has been suggested to me that I am returning the ARP
queries to Linux through an incorrect device, but I
have tried all the communication devices I can think
of, and still the virtual machines will not apparently
not accept the ARP responses and consequently never
allow the traffic through. Does anyone have any
insights? I have spent over a week on this and have
not gotten any farther.