[Click] Compiling new elements

Indian Mogul indian_mogul at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 02:24:47 EST 2004

Hi Eddie,
      I am experiencing some difficulties while
compiling my new element as a separate package in
click. I am
creating my new element called NewElement under
/click/elemets/newelement. There are four main files
with the following chracteristics:
1. newelement.hh -- contains class NewElement and all
the click required decl (class_name, processing..etc)
2, newelement.cc -- all the member functions are
defined here (it has the export(..) statement )
3. testclass.hh (class TestClass) && testclass.cc
which are being called from newelement.(cc.hh). Here
lies my difficluty. Till step (2), when I am not
calling TestClass, I am able to compile and load my
element (NewElement) in the config file. But, when I
want to instantiate an object of TestClass inside
newelement.cc (by including testclass.hh in
newlement.hh(and hence in newelement.cc)), it says:

>> newelement.cc:error:`TestClass' undeclared

Could u please throw some light on this?

Thanks,
IM