[Click] Nasty problem with ToDump

Bart Braem bart.braem at ua.ac.be
Thu Nov 4 10:40:10 EST 2004

Hello,

I'm having a problem with ToDump: my dumps are corrupt... When I load the
attached file, which contains only 4150 bytes, I get the following error from
ethereal: "The capture file appears to be damaged or corrupt.
(pcap: File has 67174399-byte packet, bigger than maximum of 65535)"
The file sits right in front of my network and I can't find an input to that
element which has problems in its dump. It doesn't seem like a pointer error
because then the size wouldn't be constantly reported as 67174399 bytes.
Does anyone have experience with the pcap format or just any idea what might
be going wrong here? Any help is largely appreciated...

Thanks,
Bart