[Click] Some Doubts

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Wed May 26 20:28:31 EDT 2004

Hi Prasanth,

 > What might be the problem ? Also suggest how to overcome it.

Your network drivers don't support polling.  Use FromDevice, or get different
network cards that do support polling, or implement polling support for the
drivers you've got.  The main polling-ready drivers are Tulip-based 100-Mb
Ethernet and Intel's e1000 gigabit driver.  These are shipped with Click, either
as part of the kernel patch or in drivers/.

 > The following systems have the same hardware components:
 > Please explain why the following two differ (A & B) in their
 > results.

Click's high performance depends on polling.  We are working somewhat on
improving throughput and latency on interrupt-driven configurations, but it is
not a high priority.

Eddie