[Click] Click SMP

giudar at libero.it giudar at libero.it
Tue May 25 19:45:19 EDT 2004

Hi all,
I want to do some performance measurements with SMP Click, by using a dual Intel Xeon processor
PC.

>From the SMP Click paper, the possible ways to improve parallelism on a multiprocessor machine
make use of the PullToPush element.
Looking at the Click elements list, i have not found this element, but I have found another pull to push converter, that is, the "Burster".
Is this the same of the PullToPush? If not, where can I find a similar element?

In addition, I have used the static CPU assignment for the PollDevice and ToDevice schedulable elements in this way:
                        StaticThreadSched(PollDevice(eth0) 0,
                                                   ToDevice(eth1) 0,
                                                   PollDevice(eth1) 1,
                                                   ToDevice(eth0) 1);

How could I statically assign the PullToPush element to a given CPU in a similar way?
Is the instruction:
                             StaticThreadSched(PullToPush 1,
correct?

Any feedback will be very appreciated!