[Click] Click and Wireless Tools

Douglas S. J. De Couto decouto at csail.mit.edu
Thu May 20 15:40:50 EDT 2004

Hi Peter,

As far as I know you can't get the association information through the
click wifi stuff.  But the roofnet guys (cc'ed) would know, they wrote
that stuff.  I imagine you need to patch the driver more.

The click wifi stuff could not be done at userlevel, because some of
the functionality involves getting back a copy of every packet that was
sent.  But for low-bandwidth stuff like association events, I am sure
you can get it to work at both kernel and userlevel, especially if
linux has a good interface for it already.

I don't think there is any more documentation other than the patches
and element code itself.