[Click] Patch for RED HAT 9.0 2.4.20-8

gaurav dawra openapproject at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 23 23:41:46 EST 2004

Hi friends,

i am in process of installing Click. i am trying to load the kernel side
module. When i gave the command "./configure
--with-linux=/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8" while being in the click directory it
gave does a whole lot of things and also gives me this warning
"

configure: WARNING:

Your header files must be patched before a C++ program
can include them. Apply the patch that came with this distribution
if you want to compile Click as a Linux module.

"

As far as i understood the patch for click does not work for patch kernels,
so it shud not work for my red hat 9.0 kernel 2.4.20-8 right.

ok!! so it asked me to patch the kernel with linux and linux wifi patches(i
did this just to try). But as expected didnot able to patch the kernel with
these patches provided by the click team.

Some body suggested me to download the pure vanilla kernel from
kernel.org(Now being new to this , suggest me what is pure vanialla kernel).
Secondly do i have to get that to get the click working

OR it can be installed on my kernel 2.4.20-8. One more thing i downloaded
the Click Release ONE
( IT IS BEING MENTIONED IN THE INSTALL FILE, FOUND IN CLICK DIRECTORY THAT
PATCH WILL NOT WORK WITH THE RED HAT PATCHED VERSION)
Am i missing somethin here.

Any hints..

Thanx,

Gaurav