[Click] How to log Queue size and drops

Brecht Vermeulen brecht.vermeulen at UGent.be
Tue Mar 23 15:37:49 EST 2004

Hi,

not sure what you're asking, but you can see the highwater_length
in /proc/click/*elementname*/

apollo148:/proc/click/Queue23# ls
capacity  config  handlers          length  ports  reset_counts
class     drops   highwater_length  name    reset
apollo148:/proc/click/Queue23# cat highwater_length
0

you can also see the number of dropped packets.
And you can reset the statistics by using:
echo 1 > reset

I think the dropped packets you see in the Queue, are only dropped
because of a full queue (highwater_length=full length).

Packets dropped in other places are not easily traceble (PollDevice has
some statistics, but FromDevice not I think)

Can you test the performance also with UDP traffic as Eddie suggested
(e.g. with iPerf also) ?

regards,
Brecht