[Click] Release schedule

Eddie Kohler kohler at CS.UCLA.EDU
Wed Mar 10 16:08:43 EST 2004

Hi all,

I would like to try moving Click to a preannounced release schedule; the
current release methodology just doesn't work.  To that end:

17 March:  Release click-1.4pre1  (NOTE: 1.3 will be skipped)

	   New features: Extensive Grid improvements, user-level
	   hotswapping, new thread architecture in the kernel, release of
	   related packages (such as Juan Luis Baptiste's NAT-PT elements),

	   During this period I'd like all Click users to please use
	   click-1.4pre1 so we can iron out bad bugs.

31 March:  Release click-1.4

Comments/questions?