[Click] Using LookupGeographicGridRoute

Douglas S. J. De Couto decouto at csail.mit.edu
Thu Mar 4 23:56:45 EST 2004

the geo fwding code hasn't been exercised in a while.

hacking will be required.

main differences:

GLI2 can run in kernel, while the regular GLI can only run at userlevel
(it has floating point code in it, I believe)

with some hacking, they could be made to have the same interface, and
any elements using them can be changed to use the interface instead of
the particular element.

LookupLocalGridRoute is agnostic, meaning it can be on a push or pull
path, while LookupGeographicGridRoute is probablu push-only, as the
DSDV configs used to be all push (in userlevel).   The current config
looks up routes on a pull path, so LookupGeoGridRotue won't work.
Again, some hacking can fix this.  (``it's easy...'')

Douglas S. J. De Couto    <decouto at csail.mit.edu>