[Click] Simple Authenticator:"Click" element Class

gaurav dawra openapproject at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 28 20:33:39 EDT 2004

Hi

I am have question regarding the element class "SimpleAuthenticator", what
is the functionality. Is it defined in the click software or is it some
"user defined". This might be a question which is not very appropiate but i
just need to know is it being defined in the "click software" or not.

I am using a "config" file from roofnet group(uses CLICK as routing
software) which defines this element class in their configuration file.

pr :: ProbeResponder(INTERVAL 1000,
                       SSID "madwifi",
                       BSSID $mac,
                       CHANNEL 3);

  auth :: SimpleAuthenticator(BSSID $mac);

  beacon_source -> output;
  auth -> output;
  ar -> output;
  pr -> output;

  management_cl [6] -> Print ("auth") -> auth;

But if i delete these lines and install click using "click-install" , dmesg
gives me this error.

Dead loop on virtual device wlan0, fix it urgently!
Dead loop on virtual device wlan0, fix it urgently!

I searched hours on internet to fine relevance of  this error, if any one
came accross same error please suggest what is going wrong.

[root at localhost roofnet]# iwconfig wlan0
Warning: Driver for device wlan0 has been compiled with version 14
of Wireless Extension, while this program is using version 15.
Some things may be broken...

wlan0     IEEE 802.11b  ESSID:"roofnet"  Nickname:"localhost"
          Mode:Ad-Hoc  Frequency:2.422GHz  Cell: 00:00:00:00:00:00
          Bit Rate:2Mb/s   Sensitivity=1/3
          Retry limit:8   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:0/70  Signal level:-73 dBm  Noise level:-73 dBm

I am loading this "configuration" file from roofnet to understand better the
functionality of "click" routing software. I also tried few  configurations
file in CLICKDIR/conf/ directory.They helped to understand the click.Thanx!!

I am thinking of modifying this configuration file to work for me. But i
need to understand basic functionality of click router. I read  docs on
click router project page and thesis presented by eddie and others. I
understand some asects of this configurations file but need some help with
this one to understand it better. IF needed i can copy the whole
configuration file which i am using.

Please suggest as it will help to write my own configuration file for click
router.

Thanx,
Gaurav