[Click] Re: about ToDevice

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Jun 23 12:23:30 EDT 2004

Yihong,

Tasks run very frequently -- much less than 1/100s granularity.  Click Timers
don't have inherent 1/100s granularity either; they work differently than you
are thinking.  The only reason you'd need to worry is if you have some CPU-bound
process that will take its entire timeslice (until the next clock interrupt).
The correct answer is to raise the kernel's HZ value.

Eddie