[Click] peak packet forwarding rate measurement

Lan Xue lanxue at soe.ucsc.edu
Thu Jul 29 17:06:49 EDT 2004

The difficulty when involving more machines than the router machine itself
is that: you need to make sure the sender is sending data from its cache.
This is pretty easy to do, you can read in some large file(s) with total
sizes smaller than the cache. Repeat this several times.

On the other side, how can you tell when the receiver would think he
receives the data? Big difference in time exists between writing to disk
vs not.

Thanks,

Lan