[Click] Kernel Patches for Debian 2.4.26

Maxwell Krohn krohn at mit.edu
Wed Jul 28 17:25:05 EDT 2004

Eddie Kohler (kohler at CS.UCLA.EDU) wrote:
> Hey, can you send a complete list along?  Let's go case-by-case.

> >debian:include/linux/spinlock.h:177
> >#if (__GNUC__ > 2)
> >
> >kernel.org:include/linux/spinlock.h:177
> >#if (__GNUC__ > 2 || __GNUC_MINOR__ > 95)
>
> In this case, for example, I think it is now safe to remove Click's
> "__GNUC_MINOR__ > 95" clause, because I don't think anyone uses Red
> Hat's magical gcc-2.96 any more.

3 files in all--->

File 1.)
patching file include/linux/skbuff.h
Hunk #1 succeeded at 128 with fuzz 2 (offset 2 lines).
Hunk #2 FAILED at 183.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 191.

As for Hunk #2, In Debian's skbuff.h:

**** 183, 188 ****
                unsigned char   *raw;
        } mac;

	struct  dst_entry       *dst;
        struct  sec_path        *sp;

It seems Debian added "struct sec_path *sp" after "struct dst_entry *dst";

As for Hunk #3:

**** 198, 209 ****
unsigned int    len;                    /* Length of actual data
*/
        unsigned int    data_len;
        unsigned int    csum;                   /* Checksum
*/
        unsigned char   local_df,
                        cloned,                 /* head may be cloned
(check refcnt to be sure). */
                        pkt_type,               /* Packet class
*/
                        ip_summed;              /* Driver fed us an IP
checksum                 */
        __u32           priority;               /* Packet queueing
priority                     */
        atomic_t        users;                  /* User count - see
datagram.c,tcp.c            */
        unsigned short  protocol;               /* Packet protocol from
driver.                 */
        unsigned short  security;               /* Security level of
packet                     */
        unsigned int    truesize;               /* Buffer size
*/

Looks like Debian changed "__unused" to "local_df" on line 201.

File 2.)
patching file include/linux/spinlock.h
Hunk #2 FAILED at 74.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 133.

Both are the minor version thing for GCC.

File 3.)
patching file include/net/route.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 142.

Now this one is a mystery to me; seems as if Debian has deprecated
ip_route_output. I grepped for it throughout the source tree and couldn't
find it.

Thanks!

Max