[Click] madwifi.stripped driver issues

Nels Anderson Nels.Anderson at colorado.edu
Thu Jul 8 17:35:16 EDT 2004

Aloha,

Greetings again, I'm having some issues getting the madwifi.stripped driver to
function properly.  I built wifi-enabled click, using the latest from the cvs,
pointing it appropriately to the madwifi.stripped driver.  It built fine, after
I patched it into a 2.4.26 kernel, as did the madwifi.stripped driver itself.
When I do 'modprobe ath_pci', ath_pci, ath_hal and click_wifi are loaded.
Everything seems fine up to this point, nothing aberrant shows up in
/var/log/messages or anything like that.

However, despite the fact that the modules are loaded, the card can't actually
connect to anything.  I can set the essid however I please, but it can't find
any access points.  I setup another machine with wireless in monitor mode and
it couldn't see any packets from my machine, even though they were just a few
feet away.  It could see packets from yet another machine across the room just
fine though.  No packets are coming off the card at all, to the best of my
knowledge.

Now when I use the most recent sourceforge madwifi drivers, everything works
fine.  So I don't think the card itself is bad. I've got a D-Link AirXpert
(DWL-AG650) card.  I'm wondering if anything has seen this kind of thing before
or know what else I could look at to try and figure out what's going on.  I
realize this is a bit vague, but I'm sort of at a loss for what to check next
myself.  If you need any more information, I'll provide as much as a I can.  As
always, any assistance is greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

-Nels