[Click] grid DSDV + nsclick

Michael Voorhaen Michael.Voorhaen at ua.ac.be
Tue Feb 10 11:02:56 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

I still want to thank everyone that helped me in getting grid compiled and
linked into ns-2. But as I mentioned before I would like to use the DSDV
implementation as a basis for a hierarchical ad hoc routing protocol, this
way I don't have to start all the way from scratch.

I'm going to take a look at the code one of the next days, but I want to
check if everything is working. I've been looking at
click-dir/conf/simple-dsdv-userlevel.click, and removed some references to
non-nsclick elements, and tried to replace them with the appropriate ones.

The comments mention build-grid-config.sh, which will probably fill in
some of the variables for DSDVRouteTable, etc. I can't find the file
anywhere (I've checked click-dir/tools/). Could somebody tell me where I
can find this file, or just give me some default values for
DSDVRouteTable?

Secondly, the element KernelTun is used in the click-file. Apparently this
is not available for nsclick. Can I just replace them with
FromSimDevice(tap0) and ToSimDevice(tap0) or is that wrong?

And last, I see a lot of references in the comments about Grid packets. To
be honest I don't really understand 100% what they are used for. Are they
some kind of protocol packets? Can I still have my own packets routed by
the DSDV implementation?

I know I'm asking a lot, but any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Michael