[Click] Wireless to wired bridge

Nels Anderson Nels.Anderson at colorado.edu
Thu Aug 12 18:18:02 EDT 2004

Aloha,

Hello again, I'm wondering if anything has ever created a click config that
bridges the madwifi.stripped wireless and a wired connection.  The setup is
I've got a box with a normal wired ethernet interface that's acting as an
access point and I want the click config to just bridge any wireless packets it
gets, after the proper en/decapsulation, to eth0.

I modified the gen_config_ap script that the packets go to eth0 instead of to
the linux stack via the click interface (and vica versa).  However, this
doesn't seem to completely work.  I can see packets coming off the wireless and
going out the wired, but they don't seem to come back.  Or if they are, they
definitely aren't going back to the wireless station.  It seems like this
should be pretty easy, but I probably missing something.  As always, any
assistance/advice is greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

-Nels