[Click] Click performance

Sheetalkumar Doshi Sheetalkumar.Doshi at colorado.edu
Fri Apr 2 10:36:10 EST 2004

Hi Eddie

I'm a student at CU Boulder and I'm working on optimizing the DSR(
Dynamic
Source routing) protocol which runs on the click modular router. I'm
running
click at the userlevel and the click router runs on a 100Mhz 486 based
Soerkis
board. I'm using the Orinoco Wireless ethernet cards for the wireless
ad-hoc
routing.

The problem is that I'm facing a huge drop in performance of the click
router.
I recall that you guys had obtained packet processing speed of around
435000
packets per second on a P3 700Mhz. I can't even get to around 100
packets per
second on the board.  If I remove some queues from the click config
file, I get
marginally higher speeds. Do you know if any issues like slow boards,
wireless
ethernet card drivers, queues eating up processor time etc that could
exist?

I would really appreciate your thoughts about this problem.

Thanks and Regards

Sheetal

--
Sheetalkumar Doshi