[Click] Can't install the linux module

wangshuqiao wangshuqiao at 263.sina.com
Mon Sep 15 10:51:22 EDT 2003

Hi, my friends:
    I was trying to compile click-1.3 as a kernel module for RedHat 8.0, linux kernel-2.4.18.
    First I download the kernel-2.4.18 and recompile it. Then, I patched it with the linux-patch-2.4.18 in the source of the click-1.3.
    Then, I compiled and the install the Click module as follows:
# ./configure --prefix=/usr/src/PREFIX --with-linux-map=/boot/System.map
# gamke install
As the "CLICK INSTALLLATION INSTRUCTIONS", "This will create two module object files, `linuxmodule/click.o' and `linuxmodule/proclikefs.o', and place them in `CLICKPREFIX/lib'. To install these module and a router configuration, run
'CLICKPREFIX/sbin/click-install ROUTERCONFIGFILE'. Alternatively you could use /sbin/insmod by hand."
    But I can't find click.o and proclikefs.o in /click/linuxmodule or /usr/src/PREFIX, and only find the click.o in /click/userlevel. I can't find the /usr/src/PREFIX/sbin too. Using "insmod click.o", the error message: click.o, no such file or directory.
    Wait for you help.