[Click] llrpc in userlevel

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Fri Nov 7 13:04:42 EST 2003

Hi BC,

> Thanks for your reply. Is there any way to use llrpc to communicate with
> another process in CLICK_USERLEVEL?
>
> When my router is in the kernel, I have a controller user process
> talking to the router using llrpc, which is very convenient. I'm trying
> to reuse the same mechanism when the router is in userlevel, to make
> testing easier.

I've just added support to ControlSocket for LLRPCs. From the manual page:

LLRPC llrpc [n]
    Call an LLRPC llrpc and return the results. Llrpc should have the form
    element#hexnumber. The hexnumber is the LLRPC number, from
    <click/llrpc.h>, in hexadecimal network format. Translate CLICK_LLRPC constants to
    network format by calling CLICK_LLRPC_HTON(CLICK_LLRPC_...). If n is
    given, then the n bytes immediately following (the CRLF that
    terminates) the LLRPC line are passed in as an argument. The results
    are returned after a "DATA nn" line, as in READ.

    ControlSocket will not call an LLRPC unless it can determine (from the
    command number) how much data the LLRPC expects and returns.