( Exok &) click compilation problems

Giorgio Calarco gcalarco at deis.unibo.it
Fri May 9 10:52:14 EDT 2003

> > Trying to compile anyway, there was a problem with
> > the strerror function definition ( in particular, the compiler
complained
> > about a redefinition problem). At the moment, the only wayout
> > i found has been to modify the /include/click/config-userlevel.h
> > file manually (after the Makefile had generated it),
> > inserting a #define HAVE_STRERROR 1.
> >
> > Another problem: I had to modify another file to get
> > the click-(un)install compiled, manually inserting the
> > preprocessor directive #define FOR_LINUX_MODULE 1
> > in the /tools/click-install/ common.h  file.
>
> Ah yes! You must have a Red Hat Linux system. I think these problems are
> related, and that they are fixed in current CVS. Is that true?
>
> Eddie

thx !

mmm, almost true, it was a Mandrake (sig) and the sources taken by the
cvs repositry didn't help.

Anyway, I believe the problem was related with the glibc-devel
(the strerror function is defined in the string.h header file installed by
that package,
if I don't mistake), yesterday we compiled it on a RHL (with different
newer headers) and it worked with no problem.

giorgio