DAG cards

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Mon Mar 10 22:53:30 EST 2003

Hi Jan,

> Chapter 11 of the "DAG 4.2GE Installation Guide" defines the new data formats. It says:

Is that manual freely available anywhere?

> I'd like to implement the FromDAGDevice in the near future. Do you have
> any ideas how to begin with the implementation?

Hmm. Does Endace supply source code for interfacing with the 4.2ge? If so,
you're in luck: just place that source code (or a version of it) in the
context of an element. I'd base the code off one of our existing sources --
either something like PollDevice, or (maybe more likely) something like
FromDump, which emits packets read from sections of a large block of
memory. Unfortunately, FromDump and cousins (FromIPSummaryDump,
FromDAGDump, etc.) are relatively complex; they support a lot of options,
and they're pretty fast. But feel free to send questions to the list.