[Click] Re: packet loss

Shilpi Agarwal shilpi at cae.wisc.edu
Thu Jul 17 11:09:33 EDT 2003

Hi,

I still have not figured out the solution and my problem is more strange..i have
two machines which are a bit different in hardware ..on one of those machines it
works and on other one does not. And my loss is due to receive buffer overruns
as indicated by ifconfig.I made sure that there as no traffic from other source
or on other interfaces by shutting done otehr interfaces but i just can not get
rid of that loss.
It will be really helpful if we could figure out the solution for that.

What configuration are you using and what is your experimental setup..??

Thanks
Shilpi

Quoting zhengchuanbo <zhengcb at netpower.com.cn>:

> hi,Agarwal,
>
> 	i just found you mail on click mailing list. i met the same problem as
> yours.
> 	the NIC i used is PRO/1000,and i can't get all the packets when testing with
> smartbits.
> the system always lost several packets, until the rate is reduced to about
> 15k pps.
> 	have you found the reason?
>

> jack zheng
> E-mail: zhengcb at netpower.com.cn