[Click] some question about Click router

Lan Xue lanxue at cse.ucsc.edu
Tue Jul 1 17:16:46 EDT 2003

Hi Eddie,

I'm trying to configure a router that simply delivers IP packets between
two machines. To do this , the router receives IP packets from device by
FromDevice(eth0, FORCE_IP true), strips the first 14 bytes of ethernet
header, check the IP header and so on. Problem happens at CheckIPHeader,
when one of the machines tries to ping the other one via the router, the
router will print messages like "IP header check failed: bad IP
version". It keeps printing the messages even when the sender has stopped
pinging the receiver. I'm very confused about from where the packets the
router received after ping stops come? And what is the IP version
acceptable to the router?

Thank you very much for your help.

Lan