linux 2.4.20 kernel patch bug?

Douglas S. J. De Couto decouto at lcs.mit.edu
Tue Feb 4 18:05:10 EST 2003

hi,

i am using the linux 2.4.20 kernel patch.  i have a configuration that
does some packet forwarding in kernel click between the To/FromHost
and To/FromDevice elements.

i can ping between two computers using my click protocol stack; when i
quit ping with Ctrl-C on the sending machine, I get the following
kernel error:

KERNEL: assertion (atomic_read(&sk->wmem_alloc) == 0) failed at af_inet.c(174)

This seems to be when linux is closing the socket that the ping sender
opened up.  The machines keeps on working (apparently fine?), but who
knows what will happen in the future...

Douglas S. J. De Couto    decouto at lcs.mit.edu