[Click]

babulal at juno.com babulal at juno.com
Wed Dec 10 16:37:49 EST 2003

Folks,

I m running a Redhat Linux server and need some help.

here is the scenario

I have two private subnets and internet 172.16.1.0 where i have my web server .2 and gateway .1
192.168.1.0 where I have all other pc's and 65.0.0.0 which is internet all these three networks are connected with lucent brick firewall

I have the current Redhat Linux web server 172.16.1.2 which is up and working fine and people from internet can see it. This box is getting old. i am trying to replace this with a new Redhat Linux one. When i put the new one in with the same network configuration,
same IP and subnet and gateway and broadcast, people from internet cannot see this new box. I have already disconnected the old server off the network and replaced with the new one. The new one can communicate with hosts on the same network 172.16.1.0 but nowhere else.

Can you guys think of any good reason why this is happening and what can I do to fix it?

Kaushal Parikh
http://www.kaushalparikh.com