[Click] Problem using click-devirtualize tool..

Praveen Mehrotra mehrotra_praveen at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 19:29:07 EDT 2003

Hello,

I'm currently trying to get click running on Intel
IXP425 board (with Linux 2.4.20). I'm cross-compiling
click from a host platform(running linux 2.4.19)

I'm able to use click userlevel and kernel level
modules successfully but am having problem using
devirtualize tool.

Brief Problen Description-
when in file $CLICK_DIR/tools/lib/routert.cc, method
RouterT::get_type(const String &name) is called.

which calls ElementClassT::default_class(name), and
that produces segmentation fault.
(I used objdmp to examine the address for
default_class (), seems ok.)

Any insights into why this might be happening.

Thanks in advance for help,

Praveen