[Click] rate?

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Wed Aug 27 11:04:07 EDT 2003

> then at B machine's /proc/click/Count*/rate
> I get 670000 packets/s,but I from mailist it will obtain 1.3 million!
>
> How to do I can obtain 1.3 million?

There have been several threads on the mailing list recently about how to
diagnose performance issues. Please see the mailing list archives.

> 2.
> if i run:
> B: click-install -t 4 updcount.click
> A: click-install -t 4 udpgen.click
> or
> B: click-install udpcount.click
> A: click-install udpgen.click
> I get same rate in the /proc/click/Count*/rate

Multithreading only helps when the CPU is the bottleneck, your config has
no CPU usage to speak of, PCI or memory contention is probably the
bottleneck. Read the USENIX paper on multithreaded click.