[Click] how to use multiple queues

Brecht Vermeulen brecht.vermeulen at UGent.be
Wed Aug 6 01:31:02 EDT 2003

Hi,

> Is there any way to use mutiple queues per connection ??

what do you mean exactly with this ?
Do you think of a load balancing function which puts packets in
different queues, or through a classifier ?
I guess it is no problem to do such thing (and fairly simple). I
remember an example of load balancing in one of the click papers, but I
can't find it immediately.

> And is it possible to transfer some integer value among elements . ??

I guess you can use 'annotations' for this. This is some fields per
packet. It has come up in the mailing list several times yet.
To create your own annotation you have to change some click source code
also. You probably can have a look at some elements, e.g. the elements
under 'Annotations' on http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/click/doc/.
But, it is also possible if you say why you need this, that Eddie or
some other click guru comes up with another idea/solution :-).

regards,
Brecht