hot swapping overhead

Yu Dong dong at cs.purdue.edu
Tue Apr 1 15:54:26 EST 2003

Hi, Dear Click researchers:
I'm Yu DONG, a Ph.D student at dept. of Computer Science, Purdue, we're
currently using Click with one of our multicast projects. One of my
question is that what's the processing overhead(in detail ns,us,ms,etc)
of the hot swapping with the different Config files,say, how long will
it take to break old pipes and build new pipes when we change Config
file on fly? Because I was not able to find such results among your
published papers. I'll appreciate it very much for your kindly help.

Best regards.
Yu