Etherpro1000, packet type and ToHost

Brecht Vermeulen Brecht.Vermeulen at rug.ac.be
Thu Sep 26 00:33:18 EDT 2002

Hi,

I've run into a problem when using the e1000 driver, PollDevice and
ToHost.

The packets are not given to Linux until I put a SetPacketType(HOST) into
the path(e.g. right after PollDevice). This works with the tulip driver
however without the SetPacketType.

Has anyone an idea where that pkt_type is set ? (I did a grep in the
drivers/net directory of the kernel, but did not find a reference to
pkt_type in the plain drivers, nor in the e1000 driver).

Anyone an idea why it is set wrongly in the e1000 driver ?

thanks,
best regards,
Brecht