QoS in click

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Wed Oct 23 12:22:02 EDT 2002

> First of all congratulations for your good work with click!

Thanks!

> I'd like to know if there is some specific element that implements QoS in
> click. If it exists, which is this?

There are many Click elements that you may find useful for implementing
QoS. For example:

	Shapers		Rate limiters	Classifiers	Markers
	-------		-------------	-----------	-------
	Shaper		Meter		IPClassifier	SetIPDSCP
	BandwidthShaper	BandwidthMeter

	Schedulers
	RoundRobinSched
	PrioSched
	DRRSched

... and many more. Generally you would combine these elements, with Queues,
in various ways to implement a given QoS policy. The TOCS paper (referenced
off our Web site) has an example of this on Pages 17-18 (Section 4.4 and
Figure 15).