click: proc_dir missing from cvs repository; scheduled events in click; new serial link emulator element

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Thu May 2 14:20:32 EDT 2002

Hi Eric and Tao,

Sorry about proc_dir.o. Some half-done changes in a local sandbox got into
the CVS repository; they've been reverted.

> Also, we have added a scheduled event mechanism to the version of click
> we're running (March 2002).  These events are implemented as callbacks
> scheduled to be executed a particular time.  These events are stored in a
> min-heap ordered by event schedule that is consulted each time the click
> task queue is checked.

Neat! We'd love to see the patch. Can you send it along to the list??
Include your SerialLink element, too. And, if it's not too hard, mention an
existing element that you think should use your mechanism.
How different are scheduled events from Click's current Timers?