How can I run muti-threaded click?

Brecht Vermeulen brecht.vermeulen at rug.ac.be
Thu Jul 4 02:50:17 EDT 2002

Yes, I run successfully on dual processor machines
I compiled 2.2.19 with the click patch. (vanilla kernel so without other
patches from redhat or so, we use Debian 2.2 as platform)
./configure --enable-intel-cpu --enable-multithread (and also some extra
elements --enable-ip6 --enable-analysis)...)

then insmod click.o threads=2
and then use in your click configuration : StaticThreadSched to
scheduler some PollDevices and ToDevices fixed on a particular CPU (best
performance as I measured). You have to use also MSQueue instead of
Queue and also LookupIPRouteMP instead of LookupIPRoute which are both
multithreaded safe.

If it still crashes please post the kernel oops. (/var/log/syslog)

regards,
Brecht