Compiling and debugging an element

Brecht Vermeulen brecht.vermeulen at rug.ac.be
Sun Feb 17 23:18:38 EST 2002

> Where is click_chatter? I don't find it in click 1.2.3 distribution nor in the documentation page...

it's just a function you can use in your code, I think it must be
defined in lib/ somewhere. It has similar characteristics as printf.

e.g. in queue.cc it is used as:
      click_chatter("Queue %s overflow", id().cc());

you can also look at the source code of some elements (or do a find
throughout the code).

It outputs to the syslog or console on Linux for the kernel module.
For userlevel linux it outputs to the standard out.

regards,
Brecht