Does anyone have a working Click config file for 802.1D compliant switch ?

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Wed Feb 13 12:28:27 EST 2002

Hi Krishna,

You've found the right config (sorry for not getting back to you sooner).
As for the error messages:

> I changed the queue depth from default value of 1000 to 3000
> and it stay alive for a few more seconds.

The "overflow" message is only a warning. The box should still be
forwarding packets. Is it? What is the output packet count you're seeing?
Is it less than you expected? Is any forwarding happening at all?

FYI -- I wouldn't bet my firstborn on our Ethernet switch elements. If you
had any contributions, they would be appreciated!

> On the 8245, I was not able to seen any traffic go through the box.
> However, I keep getting the error messages, such as:
> "floating point used in the kernel"

That sounds like maybe a problem with the 8245 driver. Make sense?