Does anyone have a working Click config file for 802.1D compliant switch ?

Krishna Reddy skreddy at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 11:37:33 EST 2002

Hi All,

I've a Motorola MPC8245 based evaluation platform
called Sandpoint X3. The processor is running at 300Mhz
on this board and I would like to do a quick Bridging
performance comparison between Linux 2.4.x and
Linux 2.4.x running Click.

I got Click to compile for this platform and I can load the module
fine. I ran some very simple test click configurations and
that they seem to be working fine.

I was wondering if anyone has a working 802.1D compliant
Click configuration file that I could use for this test.

BTW, with Linux 2.4.15 from the ppc_devel branch on this
platform, I can get about 47000 pps with 64bytes/pkt.
The NICs I used were based on National Semi 83815 (Netgear FA312).
With two unidirectional streams, one each into each of the NICs,
Linux can do 26,000 pps in each direction. I configured the box to act as
a Bridge.

I understand that Click polling drivers ehancements are not there in
the NatSemi 83815 driver. But, I have two tulip based cards
from Macronix that I could use for the test.

thanks,
krishna