NAT configuration...

Juan Luis Baptiste juancho at metallica.com
Wed Oct 31 19:54:52 EST 2001

Hi, first of all, thanks for your quick answer.

Later I will read your mail deeply because with the first quick read I didn't
undertand very
much.

For now, I tried your suggestions:

> Are you able to reach the web. Try check a website or
> something and if you are not able to reach then there
> is a problem is with your network topology.
> As you have shown in your diagram is the machine
> (the extern_next_hop) connected to the same switch as
> the external interface of the click box?.

Yes, I tried this befor I didn't had realized untill now that the web server in
the machine I was
using
for testing was down :-).

I tried doing telnet and ftp to a machine in the 172.25.79.* net work and
worked. I'm only having one
problem
now, the ftp and telnet sessions stop responding  in less than two minutes of
inactifity. Is there a
timeout
somewhere? telnetting from amchine in the same network works fine.

> I hope this helps. If any mistakes in the way i
> understood or explained the problem please correct me
> cause i am a newbie too.

newbie? don't seems to me!

bye

Juan Luis