The discovery

Eddie Kohler kohler at aciri.org
Fri Oct 26 20:30:58 EDT 2001

Hi Jean-Francois,

First off, thanks very much! Brecht got most of your points; I'll just add
one bit.

> --> I understand that the dedicated channel of communication between
> the process level and the kernel modules is /proc . Is there any other
> possible hooks (to READ/WRITE informations to elements in the kernel
> ?) ?

As Brecht said, a LLRPC/ioctl method is also available -- it is in the
general code base. You can also write your own elements to do whatever you
want!

> --> Is there a list of already developped elements or people starting to
> do so ?

We've been thinking about a general "element repository" for a while, but
haven't yet gotten around to building one. Most of the elements that are
publicly available are in our CVS repository. You can look at their source
code, or check out http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/click/doc/ for
documentation. As for other peoples' elements, the best thing to do is to
write this list with an element idea and see who responds.

love,
ed