click debug

Eddie Kohler kohler at aciri.org
Tue Jun 26 14:09:10 EDT 2001

Hi Werner,

> 1. How can I debug a click-configuration which I have loaded with
> click-install?

It is difficult to debug kernel programs. That is one reason why user-level
Click is so useful. Also, the debugging methodology will depend on what you
are trying to debug....

> 2. Is it possible to generate UDP packets on the same pc for different
> flows (port numbers) at the same time? The FastUDPFlows element
> generates different flows but it generates the port numbers randomly.
> Can I configure in the same click-config-file let's say two RatedSources
> and send the output of both sources to one Queue which serves one
> ToDevice element? In a first test both RatedSources generates the
> packets with the named rate but the packets are not forwarded to the
> Queue.

Sure! What you describe will work. Push input ports (like Queue's input
port) can be connected multiple times. So you can say

   s1 :: XXXSource(...)
   s2 :: XXXSource(...)
   q :: Queue
   s1 -> q; s2 -> q