newbee click questions

George V. Neville-Neil gnn at windriver.com
Tue Jun 26 12:52:52 EDT 2001

> Conceptually, it's not that hard. THere are a couple bottlenecks -- for
> example, the second click module would have to be installed under a
> different name, and would have to register its handlers under /proc/click2
> or something. I was just saying that we can't do it now. If someone were to
> explain convincingly that we SHOULD be able to do it now, we could make the
> necessary changes.

Well, one of the things I'm working with is Virtual Routers.  In this sort of
system you have several routers, running in parallel, with possibly overlapping
IP address spaces all in one box.  I can't give you a customer list of course
because it's all under NDA, but this is a fairly important upcoming
feature in routers.

Could you send along a quick bullet list of the changes that you think would
need to be made?  Certainly if we chose Click for our framework I'll be
making these changes and feeding them back if you agree to them.

Later,
George

George V. Neville-Neil                                  gnn at windriver.com

"I realize that when I have more ideas than others, I give those others
my ideas, if they want to accept them; and that, to me, is leading."

Baron Cosimo Piovasco di Rondo from _The Baron in The Trees_ by Italo
Calvino