newbee click questions

Eddie Kohler kohler at aciri.org
Tue Jun 26 12:33:46 EDT 2001

> I'm wondering why this is the case.  Since all the elements when instantiated
> should have private data, and there are no globals, what prevents you from
> running multiple copies of the click router in the kernel?

Conceptually, it's not that hard. THere are a couple bottlenecks -- for
example, the second click module would have to be installed under a
different name, and would have to register its handlers under /proc/click2
or something. I was just saying that we can't do it now. If someone were to
explain convincingly that we SHOULD be able to do it now, we could make the
necessary changes.

love,
ed