click performance

Robert Morris rtm at amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Jun 15 10:45:44 EDT 2001

Amit,

While Click can receive or send that fast, it can't do both. I think
it can only forward at about half that rate.

We use a machine with a 64bit/66mHz PCI bus.

We also use the 66 mHz PCI version of the e1000, called the "Pro/1000 F
Server Adapter" (note the "F"), model number PWLA8490SX.

If you have model PWLA8490, you have a card with a 33 mHz PCI
interface.  It sends a lot slower than the PWLA8490SX, but I think it
receives at about the same rate.

Robert