click performance

Amit Dror amit at checkpoint.com
Fri Jun 15 17:24:18 EDT 2001

Robert,

The following line is taken from the Click Change Log/Software History
Version 1.2.0:
"Added a polling Intel EEPro 1000 gigabit driver, which can receive or send
up to 1.3 million 64 byte packets per second."

We are using Smartbits system to generate/measure the forwarding rate.
Smartbits should be able to perform up to full gigabit capacity.

I don't have the configuration file accessible at the moment, but it was
generated by the make-ip-conf.pl script.

I'm starting to suspect that the difference may be caused because of the PCI
bus. We are using a single 64bit/33MHz PCI bus.

Thanks,

Amit