compile error(twice) for 2.4.5

powell molleti powellm79 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 22:01:33 EDT 2001

hi,

--- Nickolai Zeldovich <kolya at amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu>
wrote:
> >   humm after fixing this thing finally click got
> > compiled but i was unable to insmod click ,it gave
> > me a error :/.

> You don't mention what error you received,

# insmod -v click.o
Using click.o
Symbol version prefix ''
click.o: unresolved symbol strlen

> but it
> looks
> like there were enough changes between 2.4.4 and
> 2.4.5
> that you should probably use 2.4.4 for now.  If
> there's
> some particular feature that you need and it's not
> in
> 2.4.4, I could probably make a patch for 2.4.7 or
> whatever the latest version is.

If i compile the kernel without PPP support then the
<error 1> is not appearing. Or i have to change the
private variable where ever it used in the source.

ppp_channel.h is not there in 2.2.x series and it is
there in all 2.4.x kernels.

> Also, you should probably build the kernel without
> SMP
> support, since that hasn't been tested much under
> 2.4.

my kernel is built without SMP support.