click with diffserv

Werner Raetscher werner.raetscher at mchp.siemens.de
Fri Jul 13 19:46:48 EDT 2001

Hi Eddie,

I'm trying to run a router configuration which combines the polling
linux mode (which uses click) with a diffserv configuration (which uses
TC) and I face following problem: when I switch on the polling linux
mode (with click-install) the diffserv component behaves total different
then expected.

1. Do you know if the "tc_index " field  in the skbuff sturcture is
changed (or shifted) by the click extensions?

2. Do you think that kernel 2.4.4 (with the click-patch) will work with
diffserv (because it is already included in the kernel)?

Regards,
Werner