Very strange measurements

Eddie Kohler kohler at aciri.org
Thu Jul 5 22:04:41 EDT 2001

> i am glad they are useful. i changed them to take "us" instead.
> eddie, how hard would it be to make things take on an unit. like you
> can specify "35 us" or "15 ms"?

My preferred method is to specify fractional seconds with the
"cpMilliseconds" type. cpMilliseconds means you write the number in seconds
with fraction, like ".03", and the element gets the number of milliseconds,
like "30".

I'll add an analogous "cpMicroseconds" type. Yes, these names are terrible,
as Dimitri has pointed out before! I'm welcome to suggestions.
"cpSecondsAsMilli", "cpSecondsAsMicro"?

The units idea is a great one.

love,
ed