Very strange measurements

Benjie Chen benjie at amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Jul 6 00:40:37 EDT 2001

the performance numbers are indeed strange... i am going to take
a look at the ChangeLog. it sounds very much like a scheduling thing.
long latency due to some weird scheduling issue.

> The delayshaper element works perfect (well, on the K6 platform :-) ),
> e.g. a delay of 1 ms is *exactly* 1 ms. A delay of 20us is *exactly* 20
> us !!! However I think it would be more logical to make the element
> accept us values as configuration (as everything in the element is based
> on us and you can give ms also , but now it is not possible to give us
> delays without changes) (the changes take approx. 3 changing lines :-)

i am glad they are useful. i changed them to take "us" instead.
eddie, how hard would it be to make things take on an unit. like you
can specify "35 us" or "15 ms"?

benjie

--
benjie chen